fonts not working as expected

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: fonts not working as expected
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 16:12:50 -0400

Hi all,

No MWE possible, because obviously it’s a local problem with my computer…

I’ve installed fonts on my computer. I’ve restarted the machine, and allowed
Lilypond to recache fonts. Frescobaldi’s auto-completion mechanism recognizes
(and suggests) the new fonts, and they appear as expected in Font Book, they
show up when I run '-dshow-available-fonts x', etc.

So they seem to be installed properly, and recognized by the various
applications involved. But

  \markup "test"

outputs as expected [using the main document font], whereas

  \markup \override #'(font-name . "New Font Name") "test"

outputs nothing.

What should I be looking for to fix this problem? How can I debug it further to
see what’s wrong?

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer