Re: interlocking/overlapping HorizontalBracket

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: interlocking/overlapping HorizontalBracket
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 01:20:42 +0200

Am So., 28. Okt. 2018 um 00:28 Uhr schrieb Kieren MacMillan
<address@hidden>:

> Hi Harm,
>
> > your example works here out of the box and without any problem.
> > So I don't understand the problem.
>
> They’re nested, not interlocking/overlapping (as I want them to be).
> Even though I set the ids to be "interlocking": 1start, 2start, 1end, 2end.
>
> Cheers,
> K.

Ah, I overlooked that.

I don't think looking at spanner-id is implemented for HorizontalBracket.

Ofcourse you could use a second Voice.
Or use a second Voice like below, although very cumbersome.

\version "2.19.80"
\layout { \context { \Voice \consists "Horizontal_bracket_engraver" } }
\new Staff
<<
    %% Initiate Voices and keep them alive
    \new Voice = "1"
      s1*4
    \new Voice = "2"
      \with { \override HorizontalBracket.staff-padding = 3 }
      s1*4
    %% Distribute HorizontalBrackets to the different voices
    \context Voice = "1"
    \fixed c'' {
      c1\startGroup
      \context Voice = "2" { d\startGroup }
      e\stopGroup
      \context Voice = "2" { f\stopGroup }
    }

I'd love someone would demonstrate a better way.

Cheers,
  Harm