Re: set-global-staff-size *inside* \book {}

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: set-global-staff-size *inside* \book {}
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2018 19:41:43 +0200

Am Do., 25. Okt. 2018 um 19:03 Uhr schrieb Pierre-Luc Gauthier
<address@hidden>:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> > Yep, set-global-staff-size _must_ be set at top-level, outside of \book.
>
> That's good to know.
> The documentation got me going on using-it inside \book{}s.
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/setting-the-staff-size

Hi,

Davide wrote me a similiar mail, asking whether it's a bug in the
docs. cc-ing him

But I don't thinks so.

Let me quote:
"To set the staff size globally for all scores in a file (or in a
\book block, to be precise), use set-global-staff-size"

I rather think it's misleading.

It means:
"To set the staff size globally for all scores in a file (or all
scores in a \book block, to be precise, because LilyPond wraps all
toplevel scores in a book anyway), use set-global-staff-size at
top-level".
Probably one should add:
If a file contains multiple books every books staff-size may be set by
inserting set-global-staff-size right before the relevant book.

Or similar, I'm not a native speaker ...

Cheers,
  Harm