Re: GrandStaff vertical distance

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GrandStaff vertical distance
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 18:00:20 +0200

Lukas-Fabian Moser <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi David,
>
>>> Here is an implementation of that. Unfortunately I do not know if/how
>>> it is possible to define the function (which issues a \set) in such a
>>> way that it might be called in a \with block, which would be neater
>>> imho.
>> Have you tried just calling it in a \with block?  Stuff like \set is
>> automatically converted into context modification there.  Of course, you
>> can also define a scheme function _returning_ a \with block and use
>> that, but that has the disadvantage of not working as music as well.
>>
> Amazing!
>
> \new Staff \with {
>   \set ...
> }
>
> throws an error,

Well, music functions and music variables I should have said.  General
music expressions don't make sense there, and the assignment and
override syntax in \with blocks is subtly different, so explicit
\set/\override are not allowed there either (but if they are part of a
music variable/function, they are just converted).

--
David Kastrup