Suppressing TextSpanner right boundary text at a system break

From: James Harkins
Subject: Suppressing TextSpanner right boundary text at a system break
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:52:55 +0800

Apologies if this is a basic question. I've searched but I didn't find the
answer.

I have many text spanners with text for both the left and right bounds.

If a spanner crosses a system break, I would like the right-hand text to be
hidden at the end of the first system.

The spanner represents an instruction for computer ensemble performance: at the
left bound, begin transitioning to the next state; at the right bound, you
should have arrived but not before.

Currently I'm getting "arrive" printed to the right of the last bar line of the
system break. The performers should not arrive at this point! The score is
misleading if it suggests that performers should have arrived at the end of the
system.

I searched the manual and didn't find it. An LSR search for "spanner" finds a
technique that is supposed to hide the spanner /line/ after a break (not what I
want). I haven't found anything about controlling boundary text visibility.

Thanks,
hjh