Exclude single notes from ChordNames?

From: sg2002
Subject: Exclude single notes from ChordNames?
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 20:13:04 +0300

Hello.

I've decided to learn a couple of songs on bayan, which is a Russian chromatic accordion.

Basic bayan bass parts often have a single bass notes followed by a chord, e. g.:

\new ChordNames {
   d \chordmode { d:m/a } f, q d q f, q  e, \chordmode { e:7^5/gis }  gis, q e, q gis, q
 }

Since chords are often inverted and I'm not a proficient player by any means, having chord is nice. On the other hand I have no problems sight reading single notes. So ideally I want to exclude them from showing. For the example above that would mean only showing Dm and E7 chords.

Even better, I wish there was a way to get \set chordChanges = ##t working here, so that not only I would only see the names of real chords, but also only see them during changes.

Any tips? I had the idea of hacking a function that replaces single notes with rests, but maybe there's a simpler way?