Re: Single digit double time signature

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Single digit double time signature
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 07:10:49 -0700

On 2018-09-13 6:49 am, Cantus Ornatus wrote:
Hi everyone.
Typesetting mensural music I often find double time signatures with a
single digit like C 3, O 3, and so on.

Is it possible modifying the standard double time signature syntax in order
to have such a layout (second page)?

https://goo.gl/FBm2UL

Assuming "C 3" is intended to mean "4+3/4", then you can use \compoundMeter to set the time signature and then override its visual appearance. Perhaps something like this:

%%%%
\version "2.19.82"
<< {
  \override Staff.TimeSignature.stencil = #ly:text-interface::print
  \override Staff.TimeSignature.text = \markup \concat {
    \musicglyph "timesig.C44" \hspace #1
    \lower #1 \musicglyph "three" }
  \compoundMeter #'(4 3 4)
  e'2 g'4 e' d' e'2
} >>
%%%%

Note that I used the "normal" time symbol "C" as opposed to the mensural version. I think it looks better next to the numeric three, but you can use any of the glyphs in the font. Or really whatever you want, since you have the full power of markup there.

-- Aaron Hill