Re: [Question] How to increment the current bar number

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: [Question] How to increment the current bar number
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2018 21:14:45 +0200

Am 02.09.18 um 20:52 schrieb David Kastrup:
You have to get the Score context somehow. This can be done by using
\applyContext. I don’t know what context the procedure then is called
with (maybe the current Bottom?)

The current "whatever".  Since you already had R1*3 descend to Bottom,
that would be Bottom.

But you can certainly write

\context Score \applyContext ...

or similar (possibly Timing instead of Score in polyrhythmic stuff).

Oh, that’s how it’s done … I always wondered what context \applyContext applies to; I don’t really know better now (therefore, \applyContext always has been sort of magic in my eyes) but at least I learned how to control that.

Neither http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/extending/context-evaluation nor http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/available-music-functions takes that “magic” away; is there any documentation that explains what is going on here?