Re: ^\markup placed below score

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: ^\markup placed below score
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2018 13:52:52 -0700 (MST)

Rachel Knight wrote
> Below is my score for a piece for a primer method. When the staff is
> showing, all the markups are in the right position, but as soon as I hide
> the staff lines, the last “R.H.” moves below the notes instead of above
> them, as I have specified. How do I fix this?

Yes, and the first _"L.H." goes above the notes rather than below.
Without any stave, LilyPond obviously has some difficulties to tell up from
down ;)

To solve this, I have hidden rather than omitted the StaffSymbol, but
reduced the line-count to 1, thus minimize spacing interaction.
Withoud \stopStaff, we'll have to remove the ledger lines and bar lines,
too. Clef and TimeSignature and Clef can be removed using \omit.
One \relative statement is enough and I've directly set
TextScripit.font-size to -3 instead of typing \teeny each time.
\voiceUp and \voiceDown automatically sets the direction of TextScript, so
even a neutral -"R.H."/"L.H." will do.

%%%%%%
\version "2.19.82"

 <<
   \new Staff \relative  {
     \override Staff.StaffSymbol.line-count = 1
     \hide Staff.StaffSymbol
     \omit Staff.Clef
     \omit Staff.TimeSignature
     \omit Staff.LedgerLineSpanner