Intervalic Chord Names

From: Tom Swan
Subject: Intervalic Chord Names
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 09:29:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hello. (Trying this again in plain text. Sorry for duplication but my previous
try didn't seem to go through.)

I need some help figuring out how to change chord names (C, F, G) into
intervals such as (I, IV, V). The short example below displays a timing diagram
for a melodic line, but I would also like to display the chords C7, F7 as
generic intervals I7 IV7. Manually setting the text would okay -- I'm not
looking for some kind of automatic translation, although that would be neat. I
know I can do this with markup, but I do not want to add markup statements to
noteValues! Do I need to set chordRootNamer somehow? Or is there another
solution? Thanks for any advice.

\version "2.18.2"

globalDefs = {
  \clef "treble_8"