Re: Any way to reset page numbers?

From: Larry Kent
Subject: Re: Any way to reset page numbers?
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2018 18:54:21 -0400

Thanks, David....that worked!  It left me with another problem to solve. . . I need that first page (now page 4 in our example) to act as an odd-numbered page, and I need the header not to print on the first page (page 4).

I have the following markup for the headers:

evenHeaderMarkup=\markup  \fill-line { \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string \htitle \hcomposer }

oddHeaderMarkup=\markup  \fill-line { \on-the-fly #not-first-page \hcomposer \on-the-fly #not-first-page \htitle \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string }

BTW, I inherited this file from someone who obviously had better LP skills than I, and I'm trying to add my own tweaks, etc.

Thanks again,
LK

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 6:35 PM, David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri 24 Aug 2018 at 17:47:16 (-0400), Larry Kent wrote:
> I've looked for this in the documentation without success, so I'm asking
> for help.
>
> Is there any way to override the page numbers?  I have a multi-movement
> piece that I would like to keep as separate files, but I want to put them
> into a notebook with the pages numbered as if it's one document.  For
> example, Mvt 1 is 3 pages, so I want Mvt 2 to begin as page 4.
>
> Is there any way to do this?

Try:

\paper {
  first-page-number = 4