Re: a curious midi problem, or not ?

From: B~M
Subject: Re: a curious midi problem, or not ?
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 14:46:50 +0930

thanks David, my machine is a MacBook pro laptop running lilypond version 2.18.2
Recently I installed Garage Band which perhaps was not a good idea. It defaulted to be the app
that opened midi files, Ive since deleted it
I ran lilypond again today and generated the midi/mid. It seems fine now (the midi) but my conversion
software might be the problem as I ultimately want an mp3 file

Not entirely sure what has happened, my apologies.

Paul

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 1:21 PM, David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue 24 Jul 2018 at 08:06:19 (+0930), B~M wrote:
> Dear All, I have encountered an odd problem (I think) with midi
> file generation. The attached file is just one bar of Viola music.
> It generates a midi, but the actual viola playing is about 7 seconds, yet
> the
> midi continues for about 20 seconds ?
> Have I missed a command in my *.ly file that terminates the midi at the end
> of the score ?
> This seems puzzling. For example why is the midi file "white space"
> continuing for 20 seconds ? where did the 20 come from ?

I downloaded your attachment and ran 2.18.2 on it. The midi file
is attached and is ~6 seconds long. Debian linux-64 downloaded from
the LP website.

Which platform? Perhaps you could attach your midi (it's a quarter of
the size of the LP source).

Cheers,
David.