Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes in Preview

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes in Preview
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 08:05:35 +0000

On 2018-07-12 07:51, David Kastrup wrote:
Zone Dremik <address@hidden> writes:

Re: Frescobaldi & Click-to-View

Sadly, I can not use Frescobaldi. Having upgraded to Mac OS 11.6 (El
Capitan) I find that I am unable to bypass the built-in security
feature that blocks unsigned applications. (no more freeware!)  I am
able to continue using Lilypond, because (I presume) it was already on
the machine when I upgraded.

If people can corroborate that, we can strike off MacOSX from the list
of platforms we need to support.

A quick web search turned up this:

https://www.wikihow.com/Install-Software-from-Unsigned-Developers-on-a-Mac

According to some other posts, the newer versions of the OS make it harder than before to disable the so-called "safety" feature, which in reality is nothing more than a feeble attempt at forcing people to use the Apple Store, where Apple makes money on sales.

P.S. I should disclose that I do not use a Mac, so I cannot confirm whether the wikihow article is valid.

-- Aaron Hill