Different types of music expressions

From: lists
Subject: Different types of music expressions
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2018 21:59:27 +0000

Hi,

I have a music-function that has to behave differently depending on the "type" of music it gets as an argument.
Interpreting the music properties 'types and 'elements I was so far able to successfully discern

* sequential music
* single chords
* single rhythmic events (but not if they're standalone or within a chord)
* post-events
* non-rhythmic events (e.g. clefs or key signatures)

Only today I realized that single note-events and single chords behave very differently and have to be treated differently within my music function.

This made me think that there might be even more types of music expressions that I haven't thought of yet. And while I don't look forward to more work I think it would be good to deal with the matter *now*, while I'm still familiar with the topic.

So the question is: can you think of other "types" of music expressions that might behave differently with regard to

* attaching music properties to the _expression_ or sub-expressions
* being tweaked with \tweak, \once \override or \override - music - \revert

?

Thanks
Urs