Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes in Preview

From: Hans Åberg
Subject: Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes in Preview
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 20:18:53 +0200

> On 3 Jul 2018, at 18:47, Zone Dremik <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> After a recent upgrade to my computer, the function that links music notes
> (and lyrics) in the PDF viewer, to the text in the Lilypond files, has
> stopped working.
>
> The ability to click on notes and lyrics in the preview screen, and have the
> exact point highlighted in the corresponding Lilypond file was so enormously
> useful, that the loss of this function has become a great barrier to
> efficient use of the program.
>
> I am using Lilypond Version 2.18.2-1
> Apple Macintosh System 10.11.6
> Apple Preview Version 8.1 (877.7)

It might be Preview that is broken, because I can take the links in PDF from a
text editor and run them in Terminal, and then it works. You can try this by
using the Terminal command
  less <file>.pdf
answer 'yes' to open a binary, hit <space> until you see a link of the form
  textedit:///Users/.../<file>.ly:40:2:3
Copy such a link, and run
  open textedit:///Users/.../<file>.ly:40:2:3
On my computer, the LilyPond app opens, and the text is selected.