Re: Collision with slash separator and measure numbers

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Collision with slash separator and measure numbers
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2018 16:58:52 -0400

On 6/29/2018 4:50 PM, Ben wrote:
On 6/29/2018 4:38 PM, Ben wrote:

Hello,

I've tried to fix this collision but I don't understand how I can avoid it. I believe it has to do with either my Score.BarNumber stencil or offsets of measure numbers, but I can't get the right combo with the system padding.

Ever since adding my slash dividers they are colliding with measure numbers. Can someone show me how to push down the system to make space for the slash and my adjusted bar number? I would like to move all systems down vertically just to 'stack' the slash + bar numbers more cleanly.

Thank you!

%%% an example / mockup portion of my code for comparison w/ attachment

\new Staff {
  \repeat unfold 100 { c1  }
}

\layout {

\override Score.BarNumber.stencil = #(make-stencil-boxer 0.14 0.65 ly:text-interface::print)
\override Score.BarNumber.Y-offset = #4
\override Score.BarNumber.X-offset = #-0.3

  system-system-spacing.padding = #x
    #'((basic-distance . x)
       (minimum-distance . x)
       (padding . x)
       (stretchability . x))

 }

\paper {
  #(set-paper-size "11x17")
  top-margin = 15\mm
  left-margin = 20\mm
  right-margin = 15\mm
  bottom-margin = 15\mm
  system-separator-markup = \slashSeparator

}

I should mention that I tried something like
"\override Score.BarNumber.Y-offset = #-16"

and while it appeared to work, I didn't think that was the wisest approach in a large scale, long symphonic movement - maybe unintended side effects?
I'm unsure of the ripple effect it might have.

Thanks!

I just stumbled on an older thread on the mailing list and maybe this code could help me...? Thank you for any feedback :)

\version "2.19.81"

\new Staff {
  \repeat unfold 180 { c1  }
}

\layout {

\override Score.BarNumber.stencil = #(make-stencil-boxer 0.1 0.6 ly:text-interface::print)
\override Score.BarNumber.Y-offset = #-1
\override Score.BarNumber.X-offset = #-0.3

 }

\paper {
  mySlashSeparator = \markup {
      \left-align
      \raise #-2
      \combine
      \beam #4.0 #.2 #0.44
      \raise #0.7
      \beam #4.0 #.2 #0.44
    }

  system-separator-markup = \mySlashSeparator
        system-system-spacing = #'(
        (basic-distance . 12)
        (minimum-distance . 15)
        (padding . 10)