Re: Repeat question

From: Jacques Menu Muzhic
Subject: Re: Repeat question
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 18:22:00 +0200

Hello David & Torsten,

The snippet file in my OP is actually a shortened version of a file contained
in the LilyPond Unofficial Test Suite.

Adding the missing

       <repeat direction="backward »/>

to measure 10 and a final measure 13, I obtain the attached file.

MuseScore 2.1.0 ignores <duration>, hence the quarter notes, but is otherwise
OK:

PNG image

Finale 2014 is OK, and I discovered on this occasion that the alternative lines
with 2 hooks, one a each end, are in fact two superposed lines, each one with a
hook at one end. Moving them apart give:

PNG image

musicxml2ly does not do a good job in that case on alternatives 2 et 3:

PNG image

Interesting!

JM