Re: change of volta number

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: change of volta number
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 23:33:34 +0200

Dear Jacques,

> It would be nice if such settings could be specified in the regular
> \repeat commands, as can be done in MusicXML:

Well you can basically do that:

{
  \repeat volta 2 {
    d'4 e' f' e'
  }
  \alternative {
    {
      \set Score.repeatCommands = #'(end-repeat (volta "2."))
      f'4 a' g'2
  f'4 d' e'2
}

The \set Score... is the only thing that differs from the typical
\repeat commands and sets the ending type as you requested.

I don't understand your notation, though, because there is no
alternative. What do you play the first time after the repeat? Nothing?
Then why do you need the alternative "2." at all?

Cheers,
Joram

PS: I don't understand why this does not work:

{
  \repeat volta 2 {
    d'4 e' f' e'
  }
  \alternative {
    {}
    {
      \override Score.VoltaBracket.text = "2."
      f'4 a' g'2
  f'4 d' e'2