Re: Switching to drummode and back

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Switching to drummode and back
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 12:55:15 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for your answers. Here is the example of what I'm trying to typeset:

\version "2.19.81"

#(define cross '((snare cross #t 0)))

\new Staff \with {
      \accepts DrumStaff
    }

\relative c' {
  \override Staff.StaffSymbol.line-count = #1
  \clef percussion
  \numericTimeSignature
  \time 4/4

  \drums \with {
    \remove Time_signature_engraver
    \remove Clef_engraver }
  {
    \stemUp
    \override Score.MetronomeMark.padding = #3.5
    \tempo "Marziale"
    \set DrumStaff.drumStyleTable = #(alist->hash-table cross)
    \grace { sn16 16 16 16 }
    sn8\ff 8 r4
    \grace { 16 16 16 16 }
    sn8 8 r4 |
    sn2:32 8 8 r4 |
    sn8. 32 32 4:32~ 8 r r4 |
     }

  \new Voice {
    \stopStaff
    \override Staff.StaffSymbol.line-count = #5
    \startStaff
    \clef treble
    \key bes \major
    R1 |
    r2. \tuplet 3/2 { bes'8( d f) } |
    g2. \tuplet 3/2 { c,8( es g) } |
    bes2~ bes8[ \breathe
    \shape #'((0 . 0)(0 . 0.25)(0 . 0.25)(0 . 0.25)) Slur
    c,(-- es-- ges])-- |

    \time 6/4
    bes2~
    1\< ~ |
    8\! r r4 r2 r \bar "|."

This is a saxophone part, and I wanted him to play the rhythm of the first 3
measures (probably with sticks). I thought it was best to have this part
only on one line since it isn't written for multiple pitched drums.

This solution works but it is the first time I write for percussions and I
don't know if it is the "good" way to achieve this. As the RythmicStaff was
allready meant to use only one line, I wondered if it wasn't more
appropriate?

Also any suggestions on the correct way to engrave this exemple would be
very appreciated! I didn't find where E. Gould could pproach this problem.