Re: global alignment tweak for ChordName

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: global alignment tweak for ChordName
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 01:10:17 +0200

On 16.06.2018 19:41, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
I would like my chord names to be centred until they’re of a certain width (say
as wide as Cm7), and anything wider than that would extend to the right from a
position slightly to the left of the note column they’re attached to (as if
X-offset = -1).

Would this best be done with a Scheme callback function (maybe attached to
#'after-line-breaking or #'before-line-breaking)? I'm happy to try to solve the
problem myself (i.e., poke around at the Scheme until I run into a serious
roadblock), but want to at least start down the correct path.

You can even set self-alignment-X itself to a callback, like in the attached (slightly overcomplicated) library file I use for lyrics alignment. In this example, all lyric syllables up to a width of 3 (staff-spaces, I guess) get the default self-alignment-X of 0, all lyric syllables wider than 11 get -.8, and values between are interpolated.

HTH, Simon