Re: Bar lines at far left of single staff systens.

From: dfro
Subject: Re: Bar lines at far left of single staff systens.
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2018 12:14:54 -0400

On 6/5/18 4:20 AM, Thomas Morley wrote:
On 6/4/18 11:34 PM, David Wright wrote:
On Mon 04 Jun 2018 at 22:38:35 (-0400), dfro wrote:
Is there a setting to get bar lines to show on the far left side of
single staff systems? I haven't been able to find a way to do this,
if it is possible.
Put the staff in a grand staff thus:

    \new GrandStaff <<
      \new Staff <<

and add whichever of these you find you require:

\layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \override SystemStartBar.collapse-height = #1
    }
    \context {
      \GrandStaff
      \override SystemStartBracket.collapse-height = #1

You can do the same with ChoirStaff, and using
SystemStartBracket/Brace/Square as appropriate.

Cheers,
David.

Thank you David!

This method works well, also. Is there a way to make the first measure with
no bar line on the left, and then have all subsequent staff systems engrave
the left most bar lines?

Peace,

David

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Overriding-Score-SystemStartBar-once-at-the-beginning-td213108.html#none
should help

Cheers,
   Harm

Harm,

Thank you! That is exactly what I want, and I have it working in my charts.

This program is amazing!

Peace,

David