Re: Batch-apply tremolo markings? (Frescobaldi)

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Batch-apply tremolo markings? (Frescobaldi)
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 13:37:17 -0400

On 6/4/2018 1:32 PM, Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote:

Ben <address@hidden> schrieb am Mo., 4. Juni 2018, 19:16:
On 6/4/2018 12:58 PM, Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote:

Ben <address@hidden> schrieb am Mo., 4. Juni 2018, 18:27:

Hello,

I have been trying to find a quick way to 'paint' an articulation but have not been successful. Frescobaldi has a ton of these markings built-in where you can just select some of your score, select an articulation, and then it's batch-applied to all notes in one go.

I would like to apply a tremolo marking to a bunch of notes quickly in a similar way.

At the moment, I have to copy and paste the ":32" to each note manually (since Frescobaldi does not feature this marking as a Quick Insert at the moment).

Any chance someone could help me find this solution? Thank you!

{
   c4 d e f
   c4:32 d:32 e:32 f:32
}

Can't test it right now: Maybe let Frescobaldi add some suitable articulation and then search&replace? (Select appropriate section of source for this.)

Lukas

Hmm, I don't think that would be possible. Search and replace is not going to attach a marking to the note names, unless the notes are always the same in the search/fields, right? I'd like to be able to select any pitch names in any input file and just 'attach marking' to it.

In the same way Frescobaldi can attach an accent to 'selected note names' in an input file, I was hoping I could create one for 'add tremolo marking to selected note names' in the file.

I think the white-space between selected pitches in the input file would mess up the basic search and replace function in this case.

Do you agree?

Sorry, I was not clear enough. I meant: use Frescobaldi to add, for instance, -> to all the notes, and then turn -> into :32 by s&r.

But maybe I am wrong, can't test it right now.

Lukas

Oh oh, I see now :) I guess that would technically work yes, with that extra step. I could replace with a built-in articulation, and then swap it out for a search/replace via selection - never even thought of that. Thank you for that workaround!

Hmm I wonder, is it possible with Python or Scheme without the extra step? Just curious.

Thanks!