Re: Non-double glissando

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Non-double glissando
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2018 16:53:50 +0200

> The Lilypond snippet
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/snippets/expressive-marks#expressive-marks-double-glissando
>
> shows how to get a double glissando. It add adds a second voice to draw
> the glissando lines with hidden notes:
>
> \relative c {
>   \clef bass
>   <<
>     {
>       % new voice ( = \voiceOne), hidden
>       \hideNotes
>       % attach glissando to note heads
>       e2\glissando g
>     }
>     \\
>     {
>       % original voice with chords rearranged so that
>       % glissando is attached to a & c
>       <e a,>2\glissando <g c,>
>     }
>   >>
> }
>
> But the lower part designated with "original voice ..." is sufficient to
> get the double glissando. I wanted just one glissando line connecting
> the chords.
>
> I have tested this with Lilypond 2.18.2 and 2.19.81. I wanted to check
> this with older versions. But unfortunately the download site
> (http://download.linuxaudio.org/lilypond/binaries) is down. Or the link
> at http://lilypond.org/old-downloads.de.html is broken.
>
> Best regards
> Helge

Using a second voice was a workaround needed in 2.12.3. At least since
2.14.2 it works out of the box for chords.
This this snippet will probably be deleted.

To keep only one Glissando between chords you may try something at the lines of:

\relative c {
  \clef bass
      \override Glissando.stencil =
      #(lambda (grob)
        (if (eqv? 0 (ly:grob-property grob 'glissando-index))
            (ly:line-spanner::print grob)
            point-stencil))
      <e a,>2\glissando <g c,>

  Harm