Re: Programmatically inject an \editionID in a staff

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: Programmatically inject an \editionID in a staff
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 13:10:18 +0200

Hi Urs,

Am 24.05.2018 um 12:29 schrieb Urs Liska:

Well, with the above changes (where the first was a real issue of understanding and the other two just glitches) the MWE works as expected. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work in the real-world context. The log still only reports the creation of Score contexts. I'm now using
     (list 'assign 'edition-id (list 'ICEID part))
to insert the edition-id (where part is a symbol identifying the current part).
The log reports
     (masses three kyrie Score A) ""
lines for each of the movements(scores).

in you MWE you assigned the Score-editionID in a global layout block. If you there are multiple scores in one compilation they will all receive the same editionID. You can either use \new Score \with { \editionID movmtpath } or use a layout-block inside: \score{ \layout { \editionID ... } }. Though I have once tested the second pattern - it should work - but I have only tested the first one.

You know that I use my own templating framework (https://github.com/openlilylib/lalily-templates). There is a lot of code dealing with those issues.

HTH
Jan-Peter