Ad lib glissando

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Ad lib glissando
Date: Mon, 21 May 2018 12:08:07 +0200

I want to typeset a noisy part. It should give the impression of an
explosion. The composer used a notation that reminds to glissandi but I
am convinced that this is just chaos on the strings...

I searched the Lilypond snippet repository and found the idea to hide
note heads: http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=796
But the result doesn't look good enough. How could the score improved to
get closer to the autograph?

The current implementation has following problems:

1) The lines should be connected, the notes are only hidden but still in
place.

2) The lines are connected differently to the chords. In "upperI" it's
close to the note in the accord (but the warning appears). In "upperII"
there is a gap because the starting note is outside the accord. In
"upperIII" the line is as expected.

Kind regards
Helge

\version "2.18.2"
\include "deutsch.ly"

onlyLines = {
  \override NoteHead.transparent = ##t
  \override Stem.transparent = ##t
}
normal = {
  \revert NoteHead.transparent
  \revert Stem.transparent
}

\score {
  <<
    \new PianoStaff \with { connectArpeggios = ##t } <<
      \new Staff="upperI" \relative c'' {
        \time 2/4
        s2

        \onlyLines
        | dis4\glissando e,8\glissando g\glissando
        | d2\glissando
        | d'4\glissando \change Staff=lowerI f,,\glissando
                \change Staff=upperI
        \normal

        | <g'' h, d,>\4\arpeggio r
      }

      \new Staff="lowerI" \relative c' {
        \time 2/4
        \clef bass
        | s2 s s s
        | <g, d' h'>4\arpeggio\f r
      }

    \new PianoStaff <<
      \new Staff="upperII" \relative c'' {
        | s2

        \onlyLines
        | s8 d4\glissando d,8\glissando g'4\glissando
                \change Staff=lowerII g,,\glissando
        | c\glissando a,\glissando \change Staff=upperII
        \normal

        | <g''' h, d,>4\arpeggio r
      }
      \new Staff="lowerII" \relative c {
        \clef bass s2 s s s
        <g d' h'>4\arpeggio\f r
      }

    \new PianoStaff <<
      \new Staff="upperIII" \relative c'' {
        s2
        \stemDown
        \tuplet 3/2 {
        \change Staff=upperI <c dis a' es'>8
          \change Staff=upperII <cis d a' es'>
          \change Staff=upperIII < cis d a' es'>\glissando
        }

        \onlyLines
          e,8\glissando s8
        | s4 g\glissando