Re: Displace position of time signature

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Displace position of time signature
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 22:24:35 -0500

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 9:05 PM, Andrew Bernard
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The next logical (or stupid?) question is, can one snug
> the notes under the time signature, as though it occupied no space?

Intriguing. I found a lilypond-user thread from 2009 about imitating
time signatures in markup.

<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2009-04/msg00510.html>

The "real" time signatures could be eliminated by \omit, or \context {
\Staff \remove "Time_signature_engraver" } and then re-created as
markup.

Or maybe there's a Scheme function or something to actually make
normal time signatures behave the way you asked. Those exceed my
skills.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA