Re: Sheet music via the Bash Terminal, Possible?

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Sheet music via the Bash Terminal, Possible?
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 16:16:25 -0500

On Fri 11 May 2018 at 13:08:03 (-0700), Vivyan wrote:
> I'm using Raspbian lite which limits me to just the command line. Is it
> possible or has anyone exclusively used the Terminal shell to edit and
> somehow view sheet music?

That sounds like more trouble then it's worth (unless you ssh
from an Xserver running elsewhere¹).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_framebuffer
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Framebuffer-HOWTO/

These explain what you would be attempting. I think the second is
older than the PI so ARMs get mentioned but not PIs.

¹ all my boxes are configured to be able to run X if and when a screen
is attached, so I can't check just how lite a system you can get away
with to run, say, xpdf on a headless PI.

Cheers,
David.