Re: Fwd: Compile crashing... help!

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Fwd: Compile crashing... help!
Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 09:16:09 -0400

On 5/9/2018 8:35 AM, Brent Annable wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to compile a very large project, it keeps crashing and I'm at a loss as to the cause. Some details:

- The error first appears as a Windows notification saying: " Runtime error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." The error code in Frescobaldi varies, I've had 255, 3 and 1073741395.

- I've monitored my laptop's CPU and memory usage during the compiling process, and neither even comes close to reaching capacity (CPU around 30%; Memory 5.6/16 gig).
  the file to compile is 'SG_complete_DE.ly".

I would be very grateful for any ideas, suggestions or help.

Hi Brent,

I also ran into your issue by compiling "SG_complete_DE.ly" on my Windows 10 machine. 32GB RAM. Newest i7 build.
So, there is some consistency...I see the same errors you do.

However, I compiled your project successfully (and quite fast) on my Linux Mint laptop, 2GB RAM, old thinkpad. Took about 3 minutes total.

Hope this helps you.