Re: tenuto fingering: 3t, 2t, 4t, etc.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tenuto fingering: 3t, 2t, 4t, etc.
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 09:06:37 +0200

Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:

> Il giorno mer 2 mag 2018 alle 8:56, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha
> scritto:
>> Federico Bruni <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>>  Hi all
>>>
>>>  How can I create custom fingerings which are made of a number and a
>>>  letter?
>>>  I want to display 3t, 2t, etc.
>>>
>>>  I found this snippet in the LSR:
>>>  http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=83
>>>
>>>  but it allows to use only one character.
>>>
>>>  Thanks in advance
>>>  Federico
>>
>> Something like this?
>>
>> \version "2.19.81"
>>
>> t =
>> #(define-event-function (n) (index?)
>>   #{ \tweak text #(format "~dt" n) -1 #})
>>
>> {
>>   c\t1 d\t2 e2
>> }
>>

> This is perfect, thanks.
> I think this should be added to the LSR.
>
> However lilypond is using a sans serif font for the t. How can I set
> it to serif?
> Also, the t seems bigger than the number. See attached image.

#(format "~dt" n) is a string, but you can use arbitrary markup here, so
 write

 \markup ...

instead with ... being what is necessary to achieve the desired output.
The default formatting is likely using a fingering font.  Which is ok
for the number, but you'll need to experiment for the rest.

--
David Kastrup