Re: Making TextLength ignore some notes.

From: David Sumbler
Subject: Re: Making TextLength ignore some notes.
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 09:20:35 +0100

I must apologise to the list members for wasting their time by asking
my latest question (below).  I can only put it down to a "senior
moment", which is quite worrying, as such incidents do seem to be
getting more frequent.  Or perhaps it is a side-effect of the low-dose
Amitriptylene I am taking for back-related leg pain.

When I came across the spacing problem I asked about, I was editing the
layout of a 25-page score that I originally entered into Lilypond only
3 weeks ago.  I had a vague notion that I had once asked about a
similar problem on the list, and I spent some considerable time
searching the list archives but without finding anything relevant.  I
also, of course, searched the snippets, also without finding anything
helpful.  Hence I decided to ask the list members if they knew of a
solution.

This morning I woke up earlier than usual, and found that I knew the
answer and why I had the feeling that I had visited this problem once
before.  The solution is, apparently, one that I had worked out for
myself.  The embarrassing thing to admit is that it was at the very
point in the music that caused me a problem when adjusting the layout.
 In other words, it was only about 3 weeks ago that I solved the
problem for myself in relation to the very bar that caused me to post
yesterday.

Clearly there is something amiss in my mental processes, either because
of aging or possibly related to medication.  Once again, please accept
my apologies to all list members for wasting their time.

In case anyone is interested, my solution to the problem was to use
\textLengthOn \hide TextScript and then add some text to each of the
two notes under the text, adjusting the length of the texts by trial
and error until the spacing is as desired.

David