Re: spacer rest *

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: spacer rest *
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 22:21:39 +1000

Hi Gianmaria,

You would have to get somebody like DK to explain it. I think it may have something to do with the semantics of the parser, where an isolated number represents a pitch with the pitch name elided, and since rests have no pitch, the parser would not know what to do. It seems hard to deal with this case. Since rests are less common that notes mostly, it's an OK compromise, and once you know it, it's not a pain.

I mostly use explicitly positions rests like b'4\rest. It would be nice if I could say b'4\rest 4 to get another rest, but you cant. Oh well.

Andrew