Re: Large set of parts

From: Martin Neubauer
Subject: Re: Large set of parts
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 11:59:08 +0200

For me it depends primarily on the length and complexity of the score.
For (larger) orchestral works I usually prefer having separate output
files for each part. That way it's easy to just print out a single part
and to distribute the parts electronically to the players.
(\bookOutputName and \bookOutputSuffix are quite handy for that.) But
having a single output file using \bookpart to separate the individual
parts is certainly fine if you don't like having numerous files. From
your description, one of those two would be the way to go.

For shorter pieces for few players I often just put everything in one
output file, sometimes using \bookpart, sometimes not.

Hope that helps a little,
Martin