Re: Dots wrongly positioned in not merged chords

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Dots wrongly positioned in not merged chords
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 21:01:22 -0500

On Fri 27 Apr 2018 at 01:43:49 (+0200), address@hidden wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> This was an interesting solution, which indeed produces the image I
> am looking for. Well the MIDI-file does not sound as expected, but
> that is not a too big problem. One often has to produce two
> different scores anyway, one for the layout and one for the midi.
> Well, this was an interesting solution.
>
> You talk about built in experiences in LP. May it be so, but I am a
> little surprised that the authors have prepared methods to force
> merging, like different heads or different dots to merge, but no
> solution for the other way, NOT to merge. I can tell that this case
> is not completely unusual. We often see that in note sheets we buy
> to the choir from our suppliers. Those sheets are of course not
> produced by LilyPond.

But LP does provide ways of avoiding merging the notes. If you don't
like the dot layout, then you can always use ties (which would be
essential when a dot would prolong by the wrong duration). Otherwise
you may have to use some solution involving scheme, but that arrow's
not in my quiver.

Cheers,
David.