Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion

From: Jacques Menu Muzhic
Subject: Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 18:53:33 +0200

Hello R.,

A variable is nothing more than a name for a value, a piece of text in the case
of Lily.

Using it with a backslash ahead of its name leads to this value being inserted
at this point in the Lily code.

It’s the same as in all programming languages, there no implied magic at at all
behind the scenes.

The name « global » is a pure convention, which Frescobaldi chose to follow.
You could name it « blark » if you so preferred.

JM