Re: Typesetting tweak with percent repeat

From: Edward Neeman
Subject: Re: Typesetting tweak with percent repeat
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 10:26:47 +1000

Interesting that your first idea doesn’t work as expected Aaron! I also wonder
why.

I would suggest a slight tweak of the workaround, using a multi measure rest to
center the up bow:

\version "2.18.2"
makePercent =
#(define-music-function (parser location note) (ly:music?)
   "Make a percent repeat the same length as NOTE."
   (make-music 'PercentEvent
               'length (ly:music-length note)))
cello = \relative c {
   a4(\downbow b c d) |
   << \makePercent s1 { \once \hide MultiMeasureRest R1 ^\markup { \musicglyph
#"scripts.upbow" } } >> \bar "||"
 }
\score {
  \new Staff \with {
  } { \clef bass \cello }
}

Though perhaps unnecessarily complicated, depending on how many percent signs
you need to “fix”.

Best,
Edward
---