Re: Defining custom symbols

From: Robert Hickman
Subject: Re: Defining custom symbols
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 16:20:51 +0100

I'm not setting the size to "quarto", I'm asking basically how to disable fixed page sizing. I want the output to be like the attached image, zero white-space. I made this by cropping the image in gimp, doing that for every one would be a nightmare.

\version "2.18.2"
\include "larsen-symbols.ily"

{
    \numericTimeSignature
    \time 2/2

    g'2\cut | g'2\strike |
}

On 15 April 2018 at 16:15, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to set the page size so that it automatically
> matches the size of the staff with zero margins. Looking
> at the documentation on this shows the following command,
>
> but I cannot see how to set it to scale 'as big or small
> as needed'. The section on automatic scaling isn't clear
> as this appears to relate to internal operation of the software,
>
> not to automatically scaling the size of the page..
>

> #(set-default-paper-size "quarto")
>
> Attached is what I'm currently getting, with a large amount
>
> of empty space.

Hi,

I'm pretty sure the attached pdf isn't "quarto".

Could you share your code?

Cheers,
  Harm