Re: Extraneous TabStaff printing when I don't want tab output

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Extraneous TabStaff printing when I don't want tab output
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 19:29:35 +0200

Hi David,

I am sorry, I still don’t get it.

Am 06.04.2018 um 19:21 schrieb David Kastrup:
> If you worry about extraneous contexts being created, don't create
> extraneous contexts.

There is no \new and no \context in Larry’s code. That’s what I thought
is called an implicit context creation (I wrote "automatically" instead
of "implicit").

> Let me quote you again:
>
>> I agree, it would be nicer if such settings would not automatically
>> create contexts which are not used.

So?

If I set some property of some otherwise unused (I mean no content what
so ever) context, I as a human would guess the user does not need that
context (as Larry also does not need it). LilyPond seems to have a
different take on that. That’s what I wanted to say in a more verbose form.

Joram