Re: Problem with a font

From: Walter Garcia-Fontes
Subject: Re: Problem with a font
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2018 09:49:03 +0200

* Torsten Hämmerle, address@hidden [05/04/18 20:48]:
> A missing bold font can be emulated by printing the stencil several times
> (slightly shifted) - like in Don E. Knuth's "poor man's bold" (TeX).
>
> If you get stuck, don't hesitate to ask.

OK, here is an ugly solution (font experts please look somewhere
else):

(to download the font:
http://www.edu.xunta.gal/centros/ceipfrions/system/files/u1/Escolar_2_Negra.zip)

\version "2.18.2"

%%%%% BEGIN OF SNIPPET
#(define-markup-command (bolded layout props text) (markup?)
  #:properties ((translate-x 0.07))
  "Fake a bold font"
(interpret-markup layout props
    (markup #:combine text  #:translate '(0.07 . 0) text)))

\markup{\override #'(font-name . "Escolar2") {"this is normal"}}
\markup{\override #'(font-name . "Escolar2") {\bolded "this is
bolded"}}

I got stuck in coding the translate-x value inside the last line, I
would know how to do it for a single value property, but I haven't
found how to do it for a pair of value, that is substitute 0.07 by a
value that can be substituted by \override #'(tranlate-x . 0.05) for
instance.

Walter

--
Walter Garcia-Fontes