Re: Printing lower continuo figures only

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Printing lower continuo figures only
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 10:06:36 +0200

> I've tried inserting a dummy figure above it and using \once \hide
> FiguredBass.BassFigure, but it hides both figures. And I tried turning Bass
> Extender Lines on and then hiding the line stencil (see second example),

That's what I would do.

> but this doesn't seem to work either.
>
> Anyone got an idea how to do this, or what I might be doing wrong? (aside
> from messing with the offsets, which is a bit approximate for me).

You are trying to hide the wrong grob: what you are looking for is
BassFigureContinuation.

\version "2.19.65"
<<
  \relative c' {
    \clef bass
    g2 ~ g
  }
  \figures {
    <7 3>2 <6 4>4
    \once \bassFigureExtendersOn
    \once \hide BassFigureContinuation
    <6 3>
  }

Of course you can put those commands in a variable for convenience.

\version "2.19.65"
aaa = {
  \once \bassFigureExtendersOn
  \once \hide BassFigureContinuation
}
<<
  \relative c' {
    \clef bass
    g2 ~ g
  }
  \figures {
    <7 3>2  <6 4>4 \aaa <6 3>
  }

(Unfortunately Mats' solution flips the positions of all figures and
gives bad alignments if you use it only for part of the piece.)

Best wishes.
Davide