Problems with Frescobaldi compiling .PDF file from Cygwin-installed vers

From: Robert Murdoch
Subject: Problems with Frescobaldi compiling .PDF file from Cygwin-installed version of LilyPond
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 07:13:35 +0100

Hi, I've recently successfully installed the master branch of LilyPond through Cygwin. I did this because I lack the patience to wait for the next stable release where the repeat tie fiasco will be fixed.

That being said, Frescobaldi seems to be having trouble compiling a .PDF file through the Cygwin-installed LilyPond with the following message:

> Fork: child -1 forked process <number> died unexpectedly, retry 0, exit code 0xC0000135, errno 11 > warning: g_spawn_sync failed (0): gs: Failed to fork (Resource temporarily unavailable)

The strange thing is that when I run LilyPond from the command-line, it successfully compiles and generates a .PDF file with no problems.

What am I doing wrong besides, you know, being thoroughly impatient? Thanks for reading.