Re: Is lilypond really suitable for composing?

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Is lilypond really suitable for composing?
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 08:40:19 -0500

On 3/26/2018 8:35 AM, Urs Liska wrote:

Well, that's cheating, isn't it?

I prefer to think of it as "compensating for a lack of musical education." :)

The first time I ever (knowingly) heard Beethoven was at age 15 when I borrowed a cassette tape of the Fifth Symphony from our local public library. Hey, everyone says this is so great... let's find out. Playing it in the minivan on the way home, my mother did not like it very much.

"But see, mom, the man was deaf when he wrote some of his music!"

"Well, I can sure believe that!"
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA