Re: Tie/Accidental Collision

From: Stefano Troncaro
Subject: Re: Tie/Accidental Collision
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 13:33:53 -0300

@Kieren
But I would suggest not having the Stem whiteout affect the StaffSymbol… It's probably enough just to write

I'm sorry, I do not understand this, it seems that I'm missing some important information. Could you elaborate a bit?

Maybe use the \shape function?

I thought that \shape didn't work inside chords? Unless I'm doing something wrong:
\version "2.19.80"

\relative c'' {
  \override Tie.minimum-length = 6
  <c -\shape #'((0 . 0) (0 . 5) (0 . 5) (0 . 0)) ~
  c, ~>
  <c g e c>
}

\relative c'' {
  \override Tie.minimum-length = 6
  <c -\shape #'((0 . 0) (0 . 5) (0 . 5) (0 . 0)) ~
  c,>
  <c g e c>
}

@Sam
Great that you found a solution!

Hi Kieren and Stéfano,

Thanks so much for both of your help; your ideas were both different (but much simpler) approaches than I was considering, and I was able to combine them into the best solution for my full example.

Take care,

Sam