Re: Tie/Accidental Collision

From: Stefano Troncaro
Subject: Re: Tie/Accidental Collision
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 12:42:31 -0300

Hi Sam,

How about using TieColum.tie-configuration? Together with Tie.details.height-limit you can avoid the collision.

I don't know how to shorten the Ties, but I used Kieren's whiteout idea to make them finish them in the Stem. If someone knows how to actually shorten them I'd be happy to know!

Snippet below, hope you find it useful,
Stéfano

\version "2.19.81"
\language "english"

left = \relative c {
  \time 2/2
  <<
    {
      s4 <a' c>2
      \override Tie.details.height-limit = 0.6
      \override Tie.layer = -1
      q4~ |
      \override TieColumn.tie-configuration = #`((4 . ,UP) (6 . ,UP))
      q q2 <fs a>4 |
    }
    \\
    {
      <f f'>2-> <e e'>-> |
      \once \override Stem.layer = 0
      \once \override Stem.whiteout = 2
      <ef ef'>-> <d d'>-> |

Hi Sam,

> In the attached MWE, I'm having difficulties correcting the collision between the tie and the accidental.
> The documentation has ample support for slur/accidental collisions, but I'm having trouble fixing the collision with ties.
> I'd appreciate any help you can offer!

Don’t forget you can use whiteout (see snippet, below).
That’s how I would probably handle this case, to avoide distortions.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19.81"
\language "english"

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
      \override Tie.layer = #-2
      \override Accidental.layer = #-1
      \override Accidental.whiteout-style = #'outline
      \override Accidental.whiteout = #2

left = \relative c {
  \time 2/2
  <<
    {
      s4 <a' c>2 q4~ |
      q q2 <fs a>4 |
    }
    \\
    {
      <ef ef'>-> <d d'>-> |

\score {
    \new Staff = "left" { \clef bass \left }
}
%%%  SNIPPET ENDS