Re: Help I despair

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Help I despair
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2018 06:43:58 -0700 (MST)

Hi Peter,

Occasionally, I've had similar problems with Windows 10 in the past.
What saved me was the possibility to choose between several versions of
LilyPond.

Default Windows path (as I've seen it in your postings)

C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\usr\bin\lilypond.exe

As each LilyPond version has its own set of executables, includes, even
fonts, I always insert Lily's version number into the path during the
LilyPond installation process. That way, different LilyPond versions can
peacefully co-exist and be used in parallel without any interference.

Example for 2.19.81
C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\2.19.81\usr\bin\lilypond.exe

Example for 2.18.2
C:\Program Files (x86)\LilyPond\2.18.2\usr\bin\lilypond.exe

These versions/paths have to be specified in Frescobaldi via
Edit -> Preferences ... -> LilyPond Preferences
in the "LilyPond versions to use" block.
You can even use Frescobaldi's option "Automatically choose LilyPond version
from document".

This may not eliminate the cause, but it saved my a... several times when
specific LilyPond versions played havoc in Windows.

Good luck
Torsten