my annual (?) thank you

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: my annual (?) thank you
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 11:35:45 -0500

Dear Lilypond Development Team and Mailing List Members,

A few days ago, I delivered yet another Lilypond-engraved score to the
commissioner. He has 300+ new scores submitted to him every year (he’s
well-known in the new chamber music scene), and conducts dozens and dozens of
concerts (of both "new" and "old" music) with orchestras and ensembles of all
kinds — and he outright stated “Nobody’s scores look as great as yours… not
even the scores I get from The A-Listers, published by established print
houses.”

I simply couldn’t get that response without Lilypond (Thank you, Han-Wen and
Jan and David K and the other developers past and present!), Cadence (Thank
you, Abraham!), the edition-engraver (Thank you, Jan-Peter and Urs!), and all
of the incredible help I get on this list especially when I’m scrambling to
meet commission deadlines (Thank you, Davids K & M and Harm and Trevor and
Andrew and Torsten and Carl and a hundred others!).

With gratitude,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info