Re: How to have a cross-staff stem on a spacer rest

From: paolo prete
Subject: Re: How to have a cross-staff stem on a spacer rest
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2018 09:34:10 +0100

Yes, I want the notes all beamed together, exactly like the result of the snippet.
But I don't want to do that with the change staff command on some of the notes of the upper staff: I want to write ALL the notes of the upper staff in the upper block and all the notes of the lower staff in the lower block.

Something like:

\myCrossStaffFunction
{ ....notes of the upper staff..... }
{ ....notes of the lower staff..... }

In this way I can insert notes like a matrix, which is more clear and easy to manage, and would be a great feature for the cross-staff interface.

It's not clear to me what you want. Do you not want the notes all beamed together? You cant put a cross staff stem to a space. What is wrong with the change staff command?

Andrew