Re: \pralllUp inside Staff

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: \pralllUp inside Staff
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:51:41 -0700 (MST)

Hi Francois,

my previous answer probably went amiss, so the 2nd attempt...

Ali Cuota wrote
>  in BWV 572 (trio Sonate d-minor)

Ah, I guess you mean BWV 527... ;)

Ali Cuota wrote
> he wants a prallUp (well I
> understand it this way) inside the staff (see picture). I tried with
> the 3 ways I found inside the Notation manual (\raise, \super,
> \dir-column) (version 2.18.2) but none works.

\raise and \super are markup commands.
And,  in this case, by squeezing the prallup below the beam between the
notes, the note spacing will be affected and you should try to set X-offset
and Y-offset of the Script (technically, \prallup is a Script).
In order to move the follow-up notehead a bit further away, you could use
extra-spacing-width.

In my example, I've included the complete measure and added another stave,
just to show the correct rhythmic alignment of the resulting note columns:

 \version "2.18.2"

 \new PianoStaff <<
   \new Staff \relative {
     \key d \minor
     \time 6/8
     d''8 ~ d32 cis b a e'16 g, g8\prall
     \once\override Script.Y-offset = #-1.5
     \once\override Script.X-offset = #3.2
     \once\override Script.extra-spacing-width = #'(0 . 0.5)
     f\prallup as
   }
   \new Staff \relative {
     \clef bass