Re: A couple of questions about Edition Engraver

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: A couple of questions about Edition Engraver
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 13:12:40 -0500

Hi Urs,

>> 1. Use of \editionModList and other convenience "compressors" can,
>> in many cases, make for maintenance difficulties.

> interesting point.

Yes… I didn't really think about it until I was well into using it heavily.

OT: That inspired me to write this "compressed" score of "Mary Had A Little
Lamb":

%%%  LOLs BEGIN
\version "2.19.80"

allEs = {
  e''4 s2.
  e''4 4 2
  s1
  e''4 s2.
  e''4 s2.
  e''4 4 4 4
  s2 e''4 s
  s1
}

allDs = {
  s4 d'' s d''
  s1
  d''4 4 2
  s1
  s4 d'' s d''
  s1
  d''4 4 s d''
  s1
}

allCs = {
  s2 c''4 s
  s1*3
  s2 c''4 s
  s1*2
  c''1
}

allGs = {
  s1*3
  s4 g''4 2
  s1*4
}

\score {
  \new Staff << \allCs \allDs \allEs \allGs >>
}
%%%  LOLs END

This example of course seems ludicrous, but working with it does in certain
ways mirror the experience of working with an edition that heavily uses
\editionModList.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer