Re: Force Lilypond to preserve vertical order of TextScripts?

From: Saul Tobin
Subject: Re: Force Lilypond to preserve vertical order of TextScripts?
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 18:38:34 -0800

I'm actually surprised that ordering behavior isn't documented. It's so consistent 99% of the time I just assumed it was officially defined behavior.

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 6:30 PM, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Saul,

> I probably will write such a function

Excellent! Be sure to share it with the list.

> when you write ^"one"^"two" you expect "two" to be displayed above "one."

I've actually never had that expectation! (Perhaps I should have? I guess I just assumed it works like every other post-event in Lilypond does, which is that the display order is not determined by the order of entry, but instead by a rather complex combination of parameters known to me and otherwise.)

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info