Re: Advice on glyph construction

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Advice on glyph construction
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2018 21:59:02 +1100

In partial accomplishment of this with text spanners, the following is close but I can't figure out how to get the rightmost Unicode glyph to sit further down, and then I also need arrows off to the right of this glyph from time to time.

I am sure others can do much better than my effort here.

Andrew

===
\version "2.19.81"

treble = {
  \override TextSpanner.style = #'line
  \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.stencil-align-dir-y = #CENTER
  \override TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text = \markup { \char ##x25D0 }
  \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.text = \markup { \char ##x20DD }
  \override TextSpanner.bound-details.right.arrow = ##t
  c'4\startTextSpan
  c' c' c' |
  c' c' c' c'\stopTextSpan |
}